Friday, May 6, 2011

The Shop

Here it is. Hopefully (fingers crossed) this will be the home of Fabric Nosherie. It is an amazing space in an amazing area. The space of corse needs lots of work but I'm excited for the transformation. The owner who is so kind, is willing to hold it short term for me until everything is in line. Maybe I'm over analyzing everything but with a new business, I don't think that is possible. I want to make sure everything is where it needs to be before I sign on that dotted line which is hopefully in about 6 weeks.






This is a picture of the outside looking down the street. Its really quite quaint. The shops all around it are so fitting for my shop.


I'm heading to quilt market next week. I'm super excited about that. I hope to meet some of my most favorite designers but mostly to get educated on owning a fabric shop. There is what they call School House and its exactly that. 30 minute classes and you rotate. Plus there are extra hour long classes that I'll be taking. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be overwhelmed but in the best sort of way. I have no doubt I will fill up two notebooks with information. And to make things even more wonderful....my sweet husband is coming with me! How many of you can drag your husbands to a fabric store let alone 3 full days of fabric. I'm feeling pretty lucky to have (I always feel lucky to have him :) ).


Off to do more planning, more research. Please pass my blog around. I would love to have more "stalkers". Thanks for the comments and support!




4 comments:

  1. Old Webster is an awesome area. Since I was a little girl I've loved the whole old town feel of the place. I think a fabric shop like yours will be right at home there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name!! My grandmother used to hoard fabric and we had rooms of it to clear after she passed. Now my mother and her siblings call each other randomly from fabric stores to brag that Grandma is shopping with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shop! It's totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an exciting adventure. I have always wanted to open a nice fabric store. You're so lucky!
    Cute little space too.
    I ended up here from facebook, where my friend Tara S. Commented on your picture.

    ReplyDelete