Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quilt Market Part 1

Quilt Market was AWWWWESOME! I'm seriously still on a high. This industry has the nicest people I have ever met. Everyone was so wonderful and excited and encouraging to me as a new shop owner. I learned more then I thought I would and I have more and new ideas that I'm so excited about. I will have a few postings on market because there is just too much to tell in one post. First here are my two new friends. Jessica and Mom. I call her mom because, well - I don't think I even caught her first name. These two took me in, saved me at sample spree (for anyone who knows about sample spree, you know that you need body guards), we went to classes together and pretty much just hit it off right away. These fine folks are from the west and I'm sad that we don't live closer. And added plus, Jessica makes beautiful clothings/accessores for Joel Dewberry who I absolutely love. Hopefully she'll come out with her own line of patterns (hint, hint Jessica). She is awesome - you too mom.


Here are the quilts I rushed in last minute for Michael Miller. My wonderful friend Laura Gunn designed this fabric, and pattern and Michael Miller wanted to show it at their school house class. Tell me that blanket isn't the cutest little boys quilt you've ever seen? Its even hand quilted....beautiful.








These next two quilts were made by some super fun, talented ladies in the St. Louis Quilt Guild. The ladies in the classes thought they were amazing. I could hear everyone whispering...made me feel pretty cool that I was associated with such talented people.


More to come soon.







5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read all about your trip to Market.

    The quilt Laura did is so adorable, and
    those quilts from the St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild are super fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FRIEND! Market was a blast and meeting you was definitely the hightlight of my trip! I can't wait to see what you do with your amazing new fabric shop. I think I'll have to come out to be your first customer. "Mom" already said, "I've always wanted to go to St. Louis". We love a trip - and travel long distances for great fabric! Good luck with your summer. You're going to be busy, but the store will be FAB!

    Keep in touch!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! Lynne emailed me with your blog link. I am the pattern designer for the Lemon Squares quilt pattern above. I would love to blog about the fact that the pattern was used for a quilt at market. Would it be ok to use your photo in a mosaic and link back to you (of course)?

    Thanks!
    Faith (FreshLemonsQuilts at gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete